Tie Dyed Milk!
1. Pour the milk into a dish to a depth of about 1cm.
2. Using an eye-dropper or straw, add a few drops of food colouring to the milk in different places. Using a seperate eye dropper or straw, add a drop of detergent into the middle of the milk.
Change this experiment by trying different types of milk. How does the reaction differ?
1. What happens to the food colouring when you first put it on the milk? Why do you think that is?
2. What happens when you add the drop of soap?
3. What direction does the food colour move when you first add the drop of soap?
4. What direction does the food colour move after the experiment has been running for a while?
5. Does the movement go on forever? What happens?
6. What happens if you add another drop of soap after the colours have stopped moving?