1. What have you learned about droughts as a result of watching this story?
2. Why do you think a drought would be considered natural disaster?
3. What makes it different from other sorts of disasters like floods and fires?
4. Why do you think a drought would get less attention in the news than other disasters?
5. What two Australian states have areas which are in drought?
6. How were James and his son keeping their sheep alive?
7. How much money is the government giving to farmers?
8. How will it help them to survive the drought?
9. Do you think famers should be given money? Why/why not?
10. Other than farmers, who do you thing a drought might affect?