1. Students will recognise and understand poetry has a form of artistic expression and that different types of poetry have different structures.
2. Students will recognise and understand that poetry expresses and evokes different emotions by using sensory images, movement, sound, voice, etc.
3. Students will recognise and understand that poetry is written in specific structure, every aspect of a poem has a purpose.
1. What is Poetry? What are the different types of poetic forms?
2. How do you read a poem? How do you make sense of poetry?
3. How do you write a poem? What are the rules that apply to the different forms of poetry?